Create the types of participants
Your event has been created and you want to start registering your attendees. You need to define the types of participants your event needs. For example: Employees, members, press, VIP etc.
We recommend simplicity. Eventtia offers you a default participant type called " Participant". You can customize it and create more if you need to: define specific registration forms, practice different prices or afterwards, segment your communication into several groups for example.
The steps to creating types of participants are:
- Go to the "Registration" module.
- Click on the "Types" heading. You will find a default attendee type (Participants) which you can edit by clicking on its card.
- You can also create a new type of Attendee by clicking the "Actions" button at the top right-hand side of the screen, then on "New".
- Complete / edit your type of participant’s data:
- Name: (Ex: Members, Non-members, VIP, students ...).
- Price: (If your event is paying, make sure you have set VAT on the general settings of the event).
- Limit of participants: If you do not want to limit the capacity for this type of participants, leave the "Attendee limit" box at 0.
- Configure the restrictions for the attendee type, by selecting from the list of options.
- You can then access advanced settings that will allow you to define specific rules for each type of participant. Texts of each subtab tell their purpose:
*Note: "Badge" and "Security access" are only relevant to in-person events.
You can now proceed to the next step and configure the registration form.