Creating a new event
Sometimes technology can feel overwhelming. Fortunately for you, Eventtia is intuitive, which means you will be able to easily create an event from scratch.
Here are the steps to follow in order to create a new event with Eventtia:
- Go to the Eventtia homepage and sign in with your email and password:
- You will be taken to your event dashboard, where you will be able to see your upcoming, ongoing and past events. If you're using Eventtia for the first time, this screen will be empty and a message will prompt you to create your first event.
- To create a new event, click on the "Actions" button located on the upper-right corner of the screen, and then select "New."
You will see two different sections. The first one is your Event Basic Information. This is the general information of your event with several mandatory fields you will need to fill in:
- Name of your event
- Start/End date & time
- Sender name, which is the contact from which all messages will be sent from the platform
- Sender email, which is the email address associated with your sender name
- Country, where you will be able to choose the country, region & city where your event will take place. This information will be mentioned in all communications sent from the platform
- Logo & Banner, to identify your event
- Language used for your event
- Event website, in order to customize your event's URL
- Location, where you can mention the precise place of your event. This information will then show up on your website if you choose to insert a map
- Description of your event, if you want to include further details
You will notice a section on the right-hand side of the page, which are the Event modules. This section allows you to activate/deactivate the different modules that will be used in your event. For example, if you’re selling stands, then you should use the "Exhibitors" module, or if you are hosting a B2B networking, you should have the "Networking" field checked.
Once these fields are filled and checked, you will move on to the "Settings" tab:
In this tab, you will be able to fill in other useful general information for your event, such as:
- The measuring system used
- Time & date format according to your geographical area
- 2 types of Google tracking codes
- Currency & VAT % used for your event. Note that as soon as an attendee has registered for your event, this information cannot be modified
- The Keywords used to help your SEO campaign
You can also see:
- The "Internal notes and description" section, which allows you to add notes that cannot be seen by attendees, only by other users who have access to the event. For more information on configuring user permissions, read this article.
- The different payment platforms that can be integrated into Eventtia, such as Stripe, PayU & PayPal.
- Once you have created your event, you will be able to find it in the "Current" tab of the "Existing" events section on your event dashboard.
- You can also see any events which have already taken place in the "Past" tab.
- Finally, in the "Global Dashboard" tab, you will be able to see the statistics for all the events in your account, with information about payments, registration and more.