How to use the website editor's 'Global Settings'
The "Global Settings" section of the website editor allows you to configure general settings for your entire website. With this section, you can add a site password, edit your site's favicon, and much more.
Here's how to use these settings:
- Click on the gear-shaped "Global Settings" icon at the top right of your screen.
- You will be taken to the configuration page, which allows you to make the following changes:
- Create a password for the site (useful for private events), don't forget to "Enable site password".
- Change the site's favicon (the icon displayed in the left corner of your browser's tabs). You can insert an image either by entering its URL or by uploading a file from your computer.
- Note: the favicon should be a .ico file, and we recommend a size of either 16x16 or 32x32.
- Enable search indexing: this allows people to find your website by searching for it in a search engine, like Google, rather than having to rely on the URL.
- Change the font used on the website. By clicking on "Add font", you can add the font you prefer.
- Note: only .tff and .woff files can be uploaded.
- Change the site's max width. This decides the maximum number of pixels that your website's content can occupy on a screen.
- Every time you make a change, remember to click on the tick icon to save your changes.