How to configure general stand settings
Before starting to make bookings and sales, you should think about configuring the general settings for your stands.
- Click on the gear icon to the right of "Stands":
Step 2: General
- From here, you can change the name of the "Stands" module. For example, if we change the name to "Test", that will be the name in both the sidebar and the user experience.
Step 3: Reservations
- Go to the "Reservations" tab to configure your stand contacts. Here you can add contact types, which allow you to categorize the contacts you have for a particular stand.
- For example, you can create a contact type for the CEO of the company, another for the person who will actually be in charge of the stand, and a third for other staff.
- You can also choose whether these types should be required. If a type is required, an exhibitor will not be able to reserve a stand without registering a contact of that type.
Step 4: Stand Options
- Go to the "Stand Options" tab. From here you will be able to configure the various amenities available at each stand (e.g. WiFi, table, banners). These options are fully customizable, so you can add whatever you want.
- To create a new option, click the green "New" button.
- Fill out the item's details.
- When you have created the option, it will appear in the "Options" section.
- If you have various similar options, you may wish to categorise them for better organisation. For example, we have two types of table, so we should create a "Tables" category.
- To do so, click on "Categories" and then on the green "New" button.
- Name the category, and click "Save".
- You can then add your options to the category by clicking on the three vertical dots at the right hand side, then on "Edit".
- Scroll down to the "Categories" option, and select the appropriate category from the dropdown menu.
Step 5: Categories
- The "Categories" section allows you to organize your stands into categories. For example, if you have lots of stands selling coffee, and lots of stands selling beer, you can group those similar stands together.
- To create a new category, click the green "New" button.
- Name your category, and click "Save".
Step 6: Profile Custom Fields
- This section allows you to edit the fields which your exhibitors have to fill out when they create their profile.
- To add a new field, click the green "New" button.
- Enter the details for the new field, and configure the options.
- If you select "Available in public listings" the information will be visible to the event's participants (e.g. on the website). If not, this information will only be visible for the event organizer.
Step 7: Products and Services
- This section allows your exhibitors to be more precise about what they offer.
- Let's say an exhibitor who sells beer meets a participant who is particularly interested in their non-alcoholic beers. By creating separate sections for each of their products in this module, they will be able to follow up that product specifically using Eventtia Leads.