How to manage user rights - New features
Being able to manage your team's permissions when organizing your events is a big deal. That's why we rebuilt from the ground up and created a more modular, flexible, intuitive and powerful security engine.
You can now create and assign custom roles to your teammates on a per-event basis.
This will allow you to give the right permission to the right person.
- Read this article to see how to create a new user.
- Once you have created a user, you can focus on that user's permissions.
- In the "Users" module, click on the three vertical dots to the right of the user you just created, and then on "Edit".
- Then, click on the "Permissions" tab. From this tab, you will be able to set different permissions that correspond to the 5 modules of the "navigation bar" of the back-office: Events, Tasks, Companies, Massive messages & Users. For instance, if you want your user to be able to create, clone or edit your events but not to delete them, here is the correct configuration:
- Here is another example with the "Mass Mailing" module. As you can see, it contains different subcategories. Therefore, you have the option to check/uncheck all the different boxes depending on the permissions you want to give to your user:
- Remember to click on the "Save" button each time you edit any permission.
- Once you have set up the different permissions for these 5 modules, you can now go to the "Events" tab and click on "Add Permissions" for the event concerned:
- From this tab, you will be able to set up permissions linked to all the modules that you can find on the left of the back-office page of your event (Registration, Networking, Mobile experience...) For instance, you can configure all the subcategories of the Registration module, such as Attendees, Communications, Coupons, etc:
- Remember to click on the "Save" button each time you edit any permission from any module
We just saw how to assign manual permissions to your user, but you also have the possibility to create predefined roles. This could be very useful if you have several users to whom you want to give the same roles.
- To do so, go back to the "Roles" tab and click on the "New" button:
- Depending on the permissions you plan to give to your user, you can name the role accordingly. In this example, we'll set a role related to Networking so we'll call it "Networking staff":
- You are free to check/uncheck the different boxes of the subcategories:
- Even if it's a Networking role, you can of course edit and add other permissions from the other modules such as Registration, Program, etc, if you wish to. Once you are ready, click on the "Save" button.
- You can now go back to the "Events" tab and click on "Edit roles":
- A new window will appear with the role(s) you created. Check the box corresponding to the role you want to link to your user and save:
- Once saved, if you come back to the "Add permissions" button, you will notice that the boxes corresponding to the role appear grayed out and can't be changed from there:
- You can of course modify these boxes at any time by editing the "Networking staff" role and the changes will directly appear on the user's profile.