Check-in App peculiarities on IOS
Eventtia's Check in App is a Progressive Web Application (PWA) that offers more reliability, speed and responsiveness than a classic application.
PWA's are a relatively new technology from Google.
They can work in 2 ways ( both are explained here).
- You can access it from the web.
- You can add a shortcut in both iOS and Android to your phone. It would look like it's running in its own window but at the end of the day it is the browser.
Apple recently introduced a bug that when the PWA is used from the shortcut, it fails to use the camera. This only affects iOS. To avoid this issue, you can do the following:
- There are 2 thing you could do to easily solve the problem:
- First is to delete the shortcut from your device and use the browser with the link: checkin.eventtia.com
- Second is to clear the safari cache for the domain eventtia.com
- If the Camera still doesn't work on the PWA, please make sure to enable the camera and microphone option from the browser you are using. In case you are using Safari, these are the steps to follow:
- Go to Settings on the iPhone.
- Scroll down to the "Safari" app.
- In the "Privacy and Security" settings there's a switch called "Camera & Microphone Access".
- Enable that option.
- Following these steps should have helped you with the camera bug on the app. If not, please contact us at Help@eventtia.com and we will be happy to help.